Saturday, August 31, 2013

86/356: Trans Swiss Trail Stage 14: Eggiwil - Schangnau

There is one thing about hiking that keeps fascinating me; no matter how high you get, whenever you think you are about to reach the final ridge, you turn a corner and there is more to climb. 

The ascend on my most recent hike was even tougher than the day before. I did 800m in one go and it was REALLY steep. I will refrain from complaining though because the view was so worth it and I am pretty sure there are more ascends to come before I am done with the trail. Judge for yourself if the view was worth it:


I am finally starting to feel like I am getting closer to the alps. I am really looking forward to get there. Trouble is, the next stage will take me a long some pre-alps mountains and then turns east and away from the alps for a few stages. So far every stage has been great so I am not too worried. I am will get to the alps eventually. 

I am planning with another three stages next week. I want to stay in the villages next week and not return home after each hike. This will depend on the vacancy of the hotels because I will not make any reservations. I would like to get a third of the whole trail done before autumn sets in. I am close, oh so close! Praying for good weather. 

hike on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment