Thursday, August 29, 2013

85/356: Trans Swiss Trail Stage 13: Langnau - Eggiwil

I continued my little trek across Switzerland today. The start was, where I left off the last time and the today's goal was Eggiwil. A little village you will probably never hear about again.

It was a really nice walk and I would have loved to go on because it was rather short. Without the break just about three hours. This stage gave me my first taste of what will follow once I enter the alps. I had my firs real altitude change since starting in Bern a few weeks ago. The beginning of the trail was steep and all in all I did about 600m (upwards that is).

I was thinking about doing two stages today but the next stage is over four hours long and I think that would have been a little too much. I guess that first has to wait a little longer. If all goes well I will tackle the next stage tomorrow. Can't wait!

 Tried to show the steepness with this pic. Not sure if I succeded.. let me know!
 Typical landscape from this part of Switzerland.
 A house?!
 Some more landscape.. too bad it was a bit hazy so I couldn't see the mountains.
 This is supposed to be one of the oldest tunnels in Switzerland. It was built around 1839....
 ..but don't take it from me.. read it here.
Just another lovely view I was able to enjoy today.

By the way... I always feel like this when I go hiking:
Keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment