Monday, August 26, 2013

81/356: Kölner Dom

I can tell you one thing; I have seen some big churches, but none have anything on the Kölner Dom. That thing just leaves everything far behind. You really have to see it yourself to believe it. My pictures don't do it any justice. 

Before leaving Cologne we had some time to kill on Sunday so we decided to visit the Dom.. after all it's one of the things Cologne is famous for. After seeing it up close, I am not surprised this beast took over 600 years to build. 

Only the inside of the church is more impressive than the outside. If you are ever near Cologne, be sure not to miss this monument. 



I also got home about 4h late because our train was delayed for three hours and then didn't go to the final station but stopped two before.. yeah, fun experience with Deutsche Bahn. Next time I am flying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment