Sunday, August 18, 2013

73/356: 1/32 Finals Swiss Soccer Cup: FCB vs FCZ

After Robbie on Friday, it was the 1/32 finals, or the first round, of the Swiss Soccer Cup on Saturday.

The game was FC Bassersdorf vs. FC Zürich. That is 6 leagues difference. FCZ plays in the highest league and FC Bassersdorf in the 2nd highest regional league. It was special to me because some people that I know play in that team, my brother plays and coaches for that club and I lived a few years in Bassersdorf.

It was a great day. Many known faces, great weather, cold bear and six goals. Sadly the goals were all by FCZ but to be honest, nothing else would have been a miracle. Bassersdorf played really well and they gave it their all. The only thing I could have wished for was that Bassersdorf would have scored a goal. Alas that was not to be.

Otherwise it was really a great day and my younger brother starts to be a big input for my firsts. Keep them coming!

For this post I stole some of my brothers pictures and mixed them in with my own.

 The pretty little arena Bassersdorf built for the day.
 FCZ Fans in the Background
 The fun part came after the game. Just having a grand ol' time drinking beer and eating sausages with friendly people.
 Another pic of the sold out seats.
 The team thanking the fans for attending.
The teams facing off just before the game started.

Beer on.

No comments:

Post a Comment