Tuesday, August 20, 2013

75/356: OrangeCinema

I went to see a movie at OrangeCinema Bern last night.

OrangeCinema is an open air cinema event that takes place during the summer months. Usually there are about three to four cities where it happens. They don't only show new films but also Blockbusters from a few months ago and/or classics. Which explains the movie I watched.

When I was there last night, Skyfall, the newest Bond movie was on.  I already saw it at an earlier point but a co-worker asked if anybody would come along, so I did. I know I have been to an open air cinema event before (Fiji), I am pretty sure I have never been to one in Switzerland and I am convinced that I have never been to one in Bern. I think I am pretty safe about this first.

I really enjoyed the whole experience including food (Tidbits) and beer (Tramdepot) on location.The location is just above the main train station at "Grosse Schanze". Great Place for an event like this.

 A view of the food stands and the screen.
I have to say the setting is really nice, just in front of the Uni Bern. Under the screen you can see the illuminated Bundeshaus once the movie is on.
 No post complete without a food shot. Was yummy too!
The view from my seat.. which was a very comfy deck chair.

There is just something about watching a movie while having the stars above.
Dream on.

No comments:

Post a Comment