Saturday, August 24, 2013

80/356: Gamescom

I unleashed my inner nerd today.

Together with a good friend I went to Gamescom, europe's biggest game convention. This is my first time to a game convention and I really looked forward to it.

Banners above the main entrance really showed how big of an experience this was going to be. They were huge. After getting a wristband to show that I am over 18, we entered the exhibition halls.

Of course we headed straight for the new console generation which will go on sale this autumn. that thing in the picture is not one of them..... But we did get to play Forza 5 and Killer Instinct on the Xbox One. It was an anjoyable experiene and I see no reason not to get one once they are available in Switzerland. Sadly I was not able to try the next Kinect 2.0.

As you can see in this picture, the attendence was huge. There were were a buttload of people and the most popular new systems and games had hug lines, up to two hours. Neither my friend nor me felt any desire to queue that long to play a game for five to ten minutes. That is the reason I didn't get to try Kinect 2.0 or the Playstation 4.

There were also big esports tournaments running in the convention halls. This one here was an ESL Starcradt 2. Sometimes it really baffels me how popular esports have become. On the other hand, I really enjoyed watching the DOTA2 Internationals myself.

The line for Titanfall, which seems to be awesome but we weren't sure if you actually get to play the game and this line was two hours. We set our limit at one hour. I am eager to get my hands on this game. Oh did you notice that giant mecha just haning out?

Some of the booths were beyond gigantic. Some bigger than the one's at the car saloon in geneva... I am looking at you EA.

All in all it was a great to see it and to have been here but I don't think I will ever feel like I need to visit another of these conventions, not when I can get all the gaming news and trailers I want on the internet from the comfort of my couch.

Now for some well deserved rest, my feet hurt....
 






No comments:

Post a Comment