Sunday, September 1, 2013

87/356: Gyoza

I am taking a break from all the hiking so I decided to cook something new last night.

I went for Gyoza. They are Japanese ravioli that are either filled with minced beef or minced pork. I really love them, but it always seemed like it is very time consuming to make them so I didn't bother. Yesterday I did make them and I was right, I did need a lot of time to make them. I guess that if you make them on regular basis it doesn't take that much time.

Luckily I had to make only one compromise with the ingredients. I didn't find any Gyoza wrappers (dough) so instead I had to go for Won Ton wrappers. These are probably just as good but they are square as where Gyoza wrappers are round. This did present a little challenge. In the end it worked out fine but they looked a little misshapen.

They were very tasty and I guess that is all that matters! Don't you love it when you cook something for the first time and it tastes even better than expected? I sure do!

I added a few pictures of when I made them, just to prove that I actually did make them myself ;)

 Let's get this started..
 Add up all the ingredients..
 Mash em all together and cut the wrapper into something that resembles a circle...
 Lay them all out so you can admire them.. then fry..
Last but not least, dig in... YUMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment