Monday, September 23, 2013

109/356: Shobdo: A Bengali Movie

As promised I went for something else tonight.

Inspired by an idea from a couchsurfing user I posted a status on facebook, that I would watch the first movie getting suggested. There were two conditions; that I have to be able to watch it at home and that I have not seen it yet. 

I was not able to find the first two movies, so I moved on to the third one on the list and that lucky winner was a Bengali movie called "Shobdo".


I am glad that I watched that movie. Here is the a short description:
"The film revolves around the life of Tarak, a foley artist of Bengali film. Tarak's job is to create ambient sounds for films, but, he gradually gets trapped in his own world, a world full of sound"

It is a really good movie that I recommend to anyone. Beside the interesting storyline I was fascinated that they mixed Bengali with English. A sentence would often consist of some some Bengali and English. I am not quite sure why this was.. if anybody knows, I am very interested!
It also gave a nice insight into the structures and divides of the Indian society.  

I am glad that somebody told me to watch this movie. I think without the input and this project I would have never done so.




No comments:

Post a Comment