Tuesday, September 24, 2013

110/356: Arabian Chickpea Soup

Something interesting that I have learned over the course of the last 110 days is, how much food there is out there that I have never had before. Now I am not even talking about all the foreign dishes but food that is widely available here in Bern. Some of that has been there for a long time but what I have noticed is, how much new stuff there is all the time.

I think I would have no trouble at all to change my project to a pure drink/food tasting focus and not have one day where I have to do something twice. Kind of raises the question if we really need that many new products. I for one have never been at a supermarket and then proceeded to complain that they were missing something.

Ah you can probably guess where I am going with this. Last night I had an Arabian chickpea soup with a nutty focaccia and an iced green tea with ginger and some other stuff in the mix. All three I have never had before and I didn't really have to go out of my way to find these three new items.







All of it tasted really good.. even though the soup was not that appealing to look at..
I have plans for the next two days that don't involve food so you can look forward to those (if you don't enjoy the food part of the project that is). Also a big one coming up this Sunday!

Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment