Thursday, September 19, 2013

105/356: Autodesk Maya 3D Modelling

So I have been ill for these last two days and therefore bound to my apartment. I should be in bed but it's so boring there so whenever I could, I got up to do a little work on my next new thing.

After countless hours I finally completed my first, from scratch created 3D model. Behold the mighty sword:



Yes I realize the skin I used doesn't fit the model 100% but that's not really a matter of skill but patience and it wasn't important to me on my very first model. I just wanted to get done.

I used a tutorial by this guy. His video is about 1h long. I took around nine times as long to complete it but I am actually quite happy with the result. I am not sure if this will be just something I did to have something I have never done before or if I will actually stick around and get into it a bit more. I have started many things and given them up over time. I guess I will see.

For today, well, I feel worse than yesterday so I am not to sure what I can do today. Probably just some food or drink. Being ill is no excuse to skip a day though! There is some commitment for you!

Stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment