Sunday, November 3, 2013

146/356: Tahin Helva Halva

Back to work on Tuesday for a very short work week. Exactly because of that short week, I did have to do quite some overtime. For that reason, there was not much time on Tuesday and Wednesday to try something new. 

On Tuesday I bought this Tahin Helva Halva thing. 
There is shelf for foreign foods in the supermarket and I just randomly picked this. It looked sweet and I read "cacoa" so how bad could it be? Only after I googled it when I got home, did I find out what it is. According to Wikipedia: 

Halva (or halawaalvaxalwohalewehħelwahulwahalvahhalavahelavahelvahalwahaluaaluvachalvachałwa, " हलवा", "حلاوة", "חלבה","হালুয়া," "ܗܲܠܘܵܐ") refers to many types of dense, sweet confections, served across theMiddle EastSouth AsiaCentral AsiaWest AsiaNorth Africa, the Horn of Africa, the BalkansCentral EuropeEastern EuropeMalta and the Jewish world.

It was a really interesting experience. The texture was quite different from what I am used to. I liked it, but it a rather heavy sweet. From the looks of it, it can be kept for quite a while so I'll eat it slowly. 





No comments:

Post a Comment