Sunday, November 3, 2013

145/356: Unintentional Visit to Brussels

For day Nr. 145 I had a few rather unplanned firsts.

On the night from Sunday to Monday it was quite windy in England. Some might even call it a storm. So my first first of the day came along when I tried to get to London Heathrow Airport with the tube. the tube didn't run because there was stuff on the tracks. So instead I took the express train. It got me there in 15min but at the cost of 20£ I think it is rather pricey.

When I got to London Heathrow, I received a text from Swiss Airlines telling me that my flight got canceled because of the wind. They had already placed me on a flight for 8pm. Since it wasn't even 10am yet and I didn't feel like wasting the day, I asked at the ticket counter if they could put me on anything earlier.

I was quite surprised when they had me on another flight within minutes. I ended up flying to Brussels and then onward from there to Zurich. I was glad to be able to be on that flight because it got me back to Switzerland at least five hours earlier.

So I ended up flying with Brussels Air for the first time. It was my first (short) visit to Brussels and Belgium. My first time at the Brussels Airport and my first time eating there. Sometimes something unexpected happens and I don't even have to work for these new experiences.

 fancy little train that Heathrow Express.

 Another shot of the train.

 Trying the new Airline. Nothing special to note here.

 Cloudy day and indeed very windy. It was a bumpy ride but short too, so no problem.

Just a shot of the terminal at Brussels Airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment