Wednesday, October 23, 2013

137/356: BS Sightseeing Tour

I organized a sightseeing tour but not just any sightseeing tour but a bullshit tour. What is a bs sightseeing tour you ask? Let me explain.

Essentially such a tour is like a normal sightseeing tour except for the fact that the stories you tell about the landmarks are utter bs. I put a little twist on it and made one of the stories a true story and let the participants guess at the end which story it was.

I wanted to let a few volunteers prepare some of the stories because I didn't feel like I would be able to come up with something myself for all the places we would visit. I ended up doing four by myself while two were prepared by others. Let me say it right now, the other stories where better.

All in all it was a very cool thing to do. I think everybody had a good time despite the rainy weather. The only thing that bummed me, was that I was expecting about 20 people and of those about six showed up. Of the one's that didn't come, not one let me know. I can understand that the weather was sucky but still, let me know if you are not coming. Lesson learned; if organizing an event over couchsurfing, expect about half the people that said they would come.

Thanks to Nele for letting me use her picture. No more pictures because I was too lazy to take any.

Stay dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment