Friday, October 11, 2013

127/356: Coffee And A Reflection.

I know food posts are not exciting to read and believe me, they are not exciting to write but in the end, the whole point is changing my habits. Therefore however small that change in my daily behaviour is, is still a change. Something that I am doing different on purpose. Not because I have to,  or because the same old same old isn't available, but because I want to try something new.

I think a good analogy is my behaviour when I was travelling around the world. Especially in the countries that I didn't know the local language I had a hard time to have something to eat. What if I don't understand the menu? What if the waiter doesn't understand what I want to order? What if the food is not to my taste or the hygienic conditions in the restaurant are bad? I went hungry for far longer than need be and on many more occasions that I would like to admit.

After I finally settled for a restaurant, it would often be the case that I went back to that restaurant on a few occasions. Why? Because I know it, because it felt comfortable, because it was easy.

I think I have that impulse even while living Switzerland and on many different levels. So even picking a place for a coffee to go instead of my daily routine of having a coffee at work is a way to break away from the known. A way to challenge myself.

I can honestly say that I have changed my behaviour but it is not always as easy as you would think. Especially when I am thinking about getting take away for dinner or going to a restaurant to have something to eat, I still have the impulse to go to one that I know. But this is silly, I have never regretted to try a new place.

So having said all that, today I had a coffee on the go while on my way to work. That was new!

Cheers and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment