Thursday, October 3, 2013

119/356: Shnit International Short Film Festival: SLAM Movie Night

What is a "Slam Movie Night"? Believe it or not, before it started I didn't know myself.

Last week I saw a sign right at my local bus stop about the "Shnit" short film festival that would happen in Bern this week. I have never been to a short film festival so it instantly got my attention. A day later I looked it up and got a ticket for a random event. They have around three different events each day for a week or so, so it wasn't that easy to choose one.

As you already know, I chose the "Slam Movie Night". It sounded like fun even though I wasn't too sure how this was going to play out. Let me say this right now, I picked an awesome event.

Essentially it worked like this; they would start showing a film and depending if you liked it or not you could boo it or clap or make any other negative/positive noise. If the positive was louder the film would continue of the negative took over, they would stop the film and move on to the next. 
The fact that they were serving beer and had a part where guessing the right movie would get you a free shot made the whole thing even merrier. I was pretty merry myself...

Oh it was so much fun! Most films weren't that good but one or two were really interesting/fun. I really enjoyed the whole event. I wish stuff like this would happen more often!




No comments:

Post a Comment