Sunday, October 20, 2013

135/356: Going For The Recommendation

A suggestion I got from somebody a few weeks back, was to go to a restaurant and just ask them to bring me what they recommend without knowing what it was. That is what I did last friday.

I went to Baden with my mom and sister to celebrate my sisters 19th birthday. There were two firsts there already, I think I never went to a restaurant in Baden and I for sure never went to that Indian restaurant we visited.

The menue was huge and I was tired from work so I decided to just let them bring what they thought was the best. I was not dissapointed. I can't tell you the dishes name and I don't know in detail what was in it but I can tell you that it was the right thing to do. The dish tasted really nice and sure looked better than my mam's and my sisters. I saw the jealousy in their eyes!

Just look at that glory!

I think I might do this again. First of all it is nice to get a little surprise when your food comes and you might eat something that you usually wouldn't. I had shrimps in my dish for instance. I like shrimps but I usually avoid eating seafood (over fishing of the seas etc.).

Good one! Have you done something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment