Monday, October 21, 2013

136/356: Trans Swiss Trail Stage 9: Bern - Laupen

After a long break for various reasons, but mostly for overdoing it on the last stage (knee) and not having enough time, I have been able to do another stage on the Trans Swiss Trail.

This time around I didn't head south to continue where I left off but headed north out of Bern. I mostly went for this Stage (NR.9) because it was a very spontaneous decision and I wanted to get going straight away instead of spending two hours on the train to get where I left off .

Before I went, I did look at some info of the stage, like that there would be 300m elevation change and that it would be around 5.5 hours long. Didn't seem to hard. Now, what I missed, was the fact that the stage was 21.5 km long. The longest stage so far. That I got lost right when I started off and did a good km or two more didn't help. I have to admit I was hurting in the last hour. But there was no way I would stop before I got the whole stage under the belt.

The Stage itself was a nice walk but not really exciting. Scenery wise it was probably the most boring so far. Maybe I feel that way because it was mostly flat and therefore I didn't have any spectacular views. I guess not every stage can be a new highlight.

I am happy that I was able to do one more stage before the years end. Maybe, if I am lucky, I can do one or two more. I would love to do so.

 Things going on are a bit different in autumn.


 Best view of the day.
A traditional farm house.

An emo sheep?
Probably the high point of the day, the cute little village of Laupen.

No comments:

Post a Comment