Friday, January 31, 2014

239/356: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 and Yoga

Two new things on this day.. I should really be wiser by now. Instead of doing two new things, I could spread them out and replace one day where I would just try a new beer... ahh I will never learn.

Today is Friday. Nearly 5pm to be exact and I am still sore (this is Wednesdays first). Weirdly, different muscles are sore to the ones that were sore yesterday. I guess you could say that the first was an absolut success.

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is a workout "game" for Xbox (Kinect). It tracks your body while you do exercises which it tell you to do. I have had Nike+ Kinect for over a year now and kinda started to get bored with it. That was one reason why I got Fitness Evolved. The other one was the fact that I have wanted to try Yoga for a while now but haven't managed to find a beginners course here in Bern. So I googled which workout "game" (it's not actually a game) has Yoga and Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 turned up in the search.

I went home, downloaded it and went right to work. An hour later I felt great. I didn't feel like I was all that exhausted but I can tell you now that I must have done it right. I am not sure if there is a bigger variety of exercises than in Nike+ Kinect but because they are different, it feels fresh. Also the presentation is a little more interesting in Nike+ Kinect.

I only did an 8 minute Yoga workout and lots of other things so I can't say for sure what I am feeling today. I will go back and do another Yoga workout in the days to follow. It kinda WAS relaxing. I would have loved to do one today but I have a rule that I wait with working out until my muscles are not sore anymore.I am away for the weekend so it will have to wait a few more days. I look forward to the next session though.





No comments:

Post a Comment