Wednesday, March 19, 2014

280/356: Audi FIS Ski Weltcup Finale Lenzerheide

What a glorious day!

I went to my first ski racing event and it was such a great experience. Yes it did mean that I had to get up at 05:30 and yes I did a total of six hours on the train just that day but I wouldn't want to have missed the experience.

Skiing is pretty big in Switzerland, as you might have guessed. So we are pretty good at it and the sport is pretty popular. They show all the races throughout the winter and somewhere around December I decided that I wanted to see a race live and got tickets for the last race of the season.

What I failed to notice though, was the fact that it would be pretty much on the other side of Switzerland. I didn't think about this until the day before so I just surrendered to the fact that I would spend a lot of time on the train. Since I like riding the train it wasn't that big of a deal.

I was lucky enough to get a great day. The sun was out and not a cloud to be seen anywhere. The men's race wasn't very interesting because the swiss didn't achieve anything but the women's race was a different story.

It was the last race of one of the Swiss skiers. She started the race as second and put a time on the board that would last until the very end. She ended up in third place. Oh dem feels! It was great to witness this. But it didn't end there. Lara Gut managed to do even better and won the race. So in the end we had two ladies on the podium. It was a great day even without having a swiss win anything, having two of them in the first three made the day perfect.

This day will be one of the greater memories of my little project. Neede some more of these before I end it in about 70 days.









No comments:

Post a Comment