Friday, February 28, 2014

265/356: Karting with the department.

I have been karting, I have been karting with a company, I have been karting at the place we went to but I have never done it with this team.

I chose to post about this contrary to the new cheese I tried the same evening. I just feel like it is more exciting to talk about gokarting than about a different kind of cheese. Especially considering the amount of food I have tried over the last few months.

We had 10min warm up, 10min qualification and 15min race. I think we were 11 people all together and some of them have done quite some karting so I didn't expect to be very good. After the warm up I was in 5th place and didn't expect to get much better. I was wrong though. Somehow I managed to get the fastest time in the qualifying which made sure that I was able to start the race from first place. That was a surprise, I never thought I would achieve that. What was unsetteling was the fact though that I didn't really know what I did better in the lap that  I was so fast. I felt that it was a fast lap, but I didn't know what exactly I did different.

Knowing that the race would be hard to finish in first place I tried to resign myself to not expect too much. I failed though. So once the race started in was "in the zone". It started off well and I was able to put quite a distance between myself and the guy following me in second place. All went well until I had to start laping the slowest one's. the guy behind me wasn't very patient and didn't want to wait for me to pass the one in front so he tried to pass me with brute force.. which went very wrong. He crashed into me, turned me himself and me in a corner. So as it happend, we got overtaken by quite a few people.

I was a bit angry at that, I could have finished in first and he in second, had he been a little more patient. Oh well, as any real racer knows, this is how races can turn out ;). I still managed to end up in third place somehow. The whole thing was a lot of fun and I can't wait to have another go at it.






No comments:

Post a Comment