Wednesday, February 5, 2014

241/356: Paying It Forward

A good one!

Last friday I got to do something I have wanted to do for a while. I went to Starbucks to get a coffee for myself on the way to work. Because there was nobody else in the queue I decided to anonymously pay for the next person. Any person, no matter who they are. So I paid for myself and a left a little more than a regular coffee would cost.

The cashier was a little confused but smiled when he understood. I didn't stay long to talk about why I was doing it, so I never got to here his opinion. He asked if I wanted to leave a message but since I felt like I should do it fast before the next person comes (I didn't want them to know I did it) I said no and went to grab my coffee. I left before the next person appeared so I have no idea who got the free coffee but I hope it made their day. It sure made my day. I can't explain why but it felt really good for the rest of the day.

I should do more of these. I don't know if I would have done this if not for my project so I am happy that I am doing the project. This was the second random act of kindness I have done and they both made me feel really good so I am already thinking about what I could do next. I think I have an idea.. hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment