Monday, December 16, 2013

190/356: Trans Swiss Trail Stage 8: Laupen - Murten

Following my visit to the university, I decided to go for one more hike before the year ends.

The weather had been beautiful for a few days. Cold, crisp but without a cloud in the sky. So I decided to go for one more stage on the trans Swiss trail. This time time I would do stage 8; Laupen to Murten. I was actually really hyped that I would get one more stage before the year ends. I had wanted to do it for a while but I have been really busy in the last few months.

As soon as I arrived in Laupen, fog set in. And that fog would stay with me until the very end of the hike. Right before my train arrived in Bern, the sky cleared up again. Apparently the weather had been good here during the whole day. Huh. Lucky me I guess.

I am still glad that I went. Hiking in winter really has it's own appeal. I dressed appropriate so I never really felt cold. The only downer of the day was the fact that I missed the hourly train back to Bern by about 4-5 minutes. So I spent some more time in the fog.

The path itself was easy and just a quick three hours. I think the vista would have been very nice. But as it was with all the fog, there was not much to see.

I have a few days off around Christmas, if it is nice weather I might do another stage. Let's see.
For now I leave you with a few impressions.








No comments:

Post a Comment