Monday, December 16, 2013

189/356: University Lecture

I went to uni. For an hour at least.

In Switzerland it is quite common to not go to university but to do an apprenticeship after high school. Since I did an apprenticeship, I jumped at the chance to spend a little time in a university lecture. I got invited by somebody that helped me a good deal with project in that last few weeks.

She is studying to become a vet, so the lecture was about Osteochondritis dissecans in horses. To my surprise I found it really interesting. Also to my surprise I was able to follow it quite well. Keep in mind that that I haven't had any anatomy since high school. I can't even remember the last time.

It was a bit awkward to sit into a room full of people that clearly noticed that I had never been there before. That feeling intensified when I thought the lecturer had called me out to please step outside if I wanted to continue my conversation. As it turns out he meant the girls behind me. Since I was sticking out enough already I didn't take pictures of the lecture room. I did take a picture of the resident horse though.


It was a really cool experience and I would have stuck around for a little longer, so my thanks go to Nele to come up with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment