Wednesday, July 24, 2013

49/356: Same Same But Different

I had the ultimate Bern experience today. I ran along the river Aare for about 7.5k but then instead of running back down, I put my stuff in a water proof bag and let the river carry me back down to where I started. It was epic!

Drifting along in the Aare is something that is very popular among the locals and I can really recommend it to anybody. I have never swam so far in the Aare or any other river for that matter. I am positively destroyed right now but also feel great. I did have my phone with me and so could have taken pictures before getting in the water, but shame on me, I forgot to do so. I guess I was too excited.

I can tell two things, you haven't seen Bern until you swam in the Aare and this is not the last time that I did this variation of my runs. Actually can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment