Friday, June 7, 2013

2/356: Katsu-karē.. sort of

My second day and for the second time it involves food.

This time though I actually prepared it myself. I made Katsu-karē (カツカレー) sort of anyhow. I cheated on the meat. It was actually beef. I still count it as a new experience because it's the first time I prepared a Japanese curry. 

I love Japanese food but due to a lack of good Japanese restaurants (at a decent price) around where I live, I decided to start making it myself. I order the ingredients online and love the "japanese food delivery" days. I have have a thing for good Ramen so that's what I usually go for but I also mix in the occasional other dish. I ordered the base for Curry a while ago but never got around to use it. Until today. 

The ingredients: 

 The finished dish:
 The plate of a happy costumer:

Never forget, the basis for a great Japanese meal is to prepare the rice the right way. makes a world of a difference.

....so what tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment