Saturday, June 22, 2013

17/356: Trans Swiss Trail Stage 11: Worb - Lützelflüh

I went for a small four hour hike today. It was awesome!

First thing is first so let me get my first out of the way. First time I rode Bern's tram nr.6. And not only that but I rode it all the way from one terminal station to the other. I really enjoyed it too. I just have this thing for public transport.



Now about that hike I did. It was from Worb to Lützelflüh and is the eleventh stage of the trans Swiss trail. The trans Swiss trail is my second project this year. A total of 488 km spread out over 32 stages.
More Info here: http://www.wanderland.ch/en/routes/route-02.html

This is the second stage I have done. The first one was from my apartment to Worb. I wish I could have done more already but the weather was not very springish in europe this year.. you might have heard about that.

I really enjoyed this stage. It was some really nice scenery. The weather was great for hiking. A little sunny and a little cloudy. Not too hot and not too cool. I did it without a break so I can proudly say that I was an hour faster than the five hours they list in the website.

It is a beautiful hike for somebody wanting to something near Bern and I will definitely recommend it to my couchsurfers. I imagine on a cloudless day you will have an awesome view of the alps.

 I most enjoy hiking in autumn but this time of year is nice as well.
 beautiful.. now picture it with less clouds and more mountains.
 A very typical scene for this part of Switzerland.
the stone says "five hours from Bern" I saw it close to the end of the hike and I was really glad not to have to walk another five hours. From what I read, the path I took was the main path from Bern to the Emmental

No comments:

Post a Comment