Saturday, June 29, 2013

23/356: Apple Chips, Lemon Grass Iced Tea and Fancy Box Subscription

I can honestly say that my life has gotten more exciting since I started this project. Trying something new if it is only a new brand of food or drink usually doesn't do it anymore and I often don't even mention those on the blog.

A good example is today. I tried some Kids apple chips during work:

 Because I felt like that was not enough, I bought lemon grass iced tea at a specialty shop:

Today's true highlight was the the box subscription though. I assume you have never heard of this so let me explain.

There is a thing where you get a subscription to receive a box of goodies every month. Usually you will not know what is in the box until you receive it. That depends on the subscription service though. There are a wide variety of subscriptions out there.. actually way more than I anticipated. If you would like to know more about the topic, visit this blog: My Subscription Addiction

I started frequenting this site called Fancy. It's a site about lifestyle stuff. I really liked what they have on there so I visit every few days. That's where I first stumbled upon the box subscriptions.
So on Friday I signed up for the Ashton Kutcher Box, which according to the web page linked further up is supposed to be really good. I am way more excited about this than I should be. Can't wait to receive my first box!

By the way.. this is friday's post. I was just to lazy to post yesterday.. so there will be a second post later today.

stay cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hello hello, your experiment proves my theory: Getting out of your comfort zone and doing always new things is a very clever invention of marketing business to buy new stuff and do new things (investing in them). Routine and MONOTASKING isn't that bad, it helped our ancestors to manage their days and lives; and looking at the world as it is now, some people really need routine because they can't deal with life. And by some I mean a lot of. Less activity in life, focussing on family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not saying Routine is bad. I understand that to some people routine might be important. In my case this is not the case. I get bored by routine and it actually puts me in a bad mood. There is no reason why you can't break out of your comfort zone by talking to your relatives more often. Buying something new is a common theme so far because it is the easiest/fastest in my busy schedule. I do try to avoid it.
    Thanks for the time to share your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete