Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Touring Tasmania part 2

Hello again my friends.

I spent another two days in the wilds of Tasmania and come back with a hand full of stories to tell. After travelling the west coast for three days, this account is about the way back down to Hobart along the east coast. This took us two days to complete.

Day four was not so glorious. It rained all day and this not in a light way. Therefore no pictures (or none worth posting) exist from this day. the fifth day was a very awesome day though.

We started of with a visit to an animal park. I really enjoyed seeing all the animals that should be seen on a stay in Tasmania. After the visit to the park we drove on to our next and last stop at a national park. This would be our most demanding hike so far. It was more than worth the effort though. The pictures I took sadly don't do it any justice cause the weather was very foggy. At least there was no rain!

We went to Winglass Bay and it was a truly amazing experience. With that done I visited all the major sites that one just visit in Tasmania: Russel falls, Montezuma falls, Mt. Cradle, Bay of fires and Wineglass Bay. Each and everyone of them really deserve the attention they get! Believe me, if your looking a real "back to nature" trip, Tasmania is your destination! I am so glad I came here!

With all that done I feel though that I have seen everything in Tasmania that must be seen so I am moving on. Tomorrow I will fly to Melbourne. There I will stay about a week or possibly a little more. As it just happens I will be there in time for the Australian Open. I really really hope to manage to go see Roger Federer play! Wish me luck with that and if anyone has tips on how to best achieve that, let me here them!!!

on a side note: My thoughts are with the people of Queensland!

Finally a close up experience with kangaroos.. but doing it at an animal park kinda feels like cheating.
hello there snake, thanks for lying in the perfect spot for this shot.
Willy the wombat i decided was his name.
Tasmanian devils in a feeding frenzy. Man these guys are smelly!
Viewing platform near Wineglass bay.
Wineglass bay from above. Such a shame the weather wasn't better.
Awesome nature around here!
Taking a pic of wildlife in nature is so much more fulfilling than cheating at an animal park.
Love it? I do!

thanks for reading :)
[edit] sorry for the bad english. I was very tired when I created this post!

2 comments:

  1. Wow man!
    That indeed looks amazing! It's so cool to see that you are not only focussing on seeing cities or only wildlife, but both! That is excatly what I'd do if I'd be in your shoes. Really somehow feels like being with you on that trip man, love to read your posts!
    Keep enjoin' buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude! I love your comments so much! So much indeed, I am willing to break my rule on not commenting on comments! You rock man! Thanks for coming here time and time again!

    ReplyDelete