Sunday, January 9, 2011

Touring Tasmania part 1

Hi, my friends, family and everyone else who found his way here.

I know I promised to update often for these few days but I can't post if there is no Internet. And not only did I not have Internet, but also no reception on my mobile. To be honest, these last few days on Tasmania have really felt like I am at the end of the world. Far far away from the modern day life.

What have I done these last few days? Essentially I visited many different national parks. in between there were a few cheesier stops like the visit to a salmon farm or a honey manufactury. All in all though it has been a great 3 days. I did a lot of walking, saw some great nature and even some unexpected animals.

We are 13 people doing the same trip and are at the moment in Launceston, which with 80'000 people, is the second largest city in Tasmania. You wouldn't believe how many "towns" I have seen in the last day that consist of no more than 5-6 houses and a general store (sometimes not even that). The roads as you'd expect are anything from perfect. Sometimes they consist of nothing more than a gravel track. It really feels like an adventure!

The weather is sadly not as good as it could be and some things are therefore not that nice. For example the visit to the sanddunes would have been much nicer with sun instead of the rain. But when your out and about for 5 straight days you just can't have great weather all the time. We were lucky though and during most of our longer walks the weather was good.

I probably have much more to tell and some of it would even be interesting but I am sooooo tired. All I want to do right now is fall asleep on the spot. Due to that probably made a few spelling mistakes, please ignore them for my sake ;). By the way, I will have no contact with the outside world starting tomorrow morning 10:30 Tasmanian time until around 6pm tuesday evening. You will get updated on my last two days when I get back to Hobart.

please forgive my lazyness but the pictures are not in order as things happend!

I hope you have a good one!


on top of Donaghy's hill... promoted as having a breathtaking 360 view. This is true, even on a bad weather day!
Lake St. Clair
Russel Falls
I love the tasmanian rainforest!
Why hello there little fellow. Spotted this guy in a nationalpark and was so lucky to get a few shots before he bounced away.
Hemingway is really in enjoying this part of our trip!
Leftovers from an old and forgotten mining railway track. Not exactly sure why I am posting this.
Our merry group at Montezuma falls (Tasmania's highest!)
Mt. Cradle Nationalpark
Mommy, the sky is on fire.
Mt. Cradle in the background and Lake Dove in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment