Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I got you babe....

... no I am not talking about a girl. I am talking about my new camera!

I started travelling with my old faithfull Canon Ixus 860i point-and-shoot digicam and she has done an excellent job. The longer I was on my trip, the more frustrated I became though. I use the manual settings on a regular basis to "pimp" my pics and the settings/options I have on the Ixus just didn't cut it anymore. Also the "shutter lag" is dreadful. I was longing for more.

What held me back until now? well mainly two things; first the additional weight I have to carry around (plus maybe an extra bag just for the cam) and secondly the price.

I gave in to my longing though and have just bought myself an Canon EOS 450D or Kiss X2 how this japanese version is called. I just realized that I will go to so many places that I might never seen again and it's worth having pictures of those places that satisfy me. I know just having a bigger/more expensive cam doesn't mean I can take better pictures BUT I think I can say that I have quite an eye for taking pictures and the new cam will help me get the result I crave.

To start with I have a "normal" 18-55mm EFS lens. I thought about getting a wide angle lens because due to travelling, landscapes is the thing I take pictures of most of the time. I wasn't ready to spend some more money though (just yet) and the 18-55mm gives me good flexibilty to start getting to know the cam.

As soon as the Battery is charged I will take this baby for a test spin around Seoul and you guys will get a full blog post in the next couple of days with all new and shiny pictures.

stay healty

Ps: Congratulations to Nadine who just became a mom yesterday. Wish you guys all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment