Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sightseeing aka testing new camera

Yes, it's another post already.

As mentioned yesterday, I took my cam for test drive today. As it happens I really felt like I had some catching up to do with sightseeing. So for 7h today I was out and about and did just about everything from castles to historic parts of the city to the radio tower (aka Seoul N Tower).

I must admit i still had some doubts last night if the camera really was it's money worth. After beeing in the "field" for about 7h hours and just about 200 pics later, I am convinced that it was the right move. I still have some trouble with all the options the camera offers but I think I made a good step forward today. Just looking through the pictures I took today demonstrates (at least to me) what step upward the upgrae represents. Love my new baby, going to snuggle with her before going to sleep tonight.

On a totally different note; Just a few more days until I leave Korea for Australia. The next few days are packed with meeting people and fun events. Tomorrow for instance I will attend a "free hug" event. I am very excited about that. Only thing to do now is to make a sign and I am ready to go.
I will stay in Sydney for a week and then fly to Cairns from where I will make my way down to Sydney again. I will then continue on to Melbourne and cross some water to Tasmania. I am REALLY excited about Tasmania. Can't wait to get there! Expect some mindblowing pictures in about 2 months time.

Again on a totally different note; There is always a few weird things about a country that you only notice when your a foreigner. Like the excessive drinking in Scandinavia or the unaturally high pitched voices of the girls in Japan. Now there is something here that I really don't get.. this might get a bit gross so if you just ate or plan to eat soon, skip this ;)... Dear Koreans, Toiletpaper is designed to be flushed down the toilet. I just don't get it why your not supposed to do so in Korea. Can somebody please explain that to me?? Why are you telling me to through it in a bin beside the toilet? that's just plain gross!

Last thing I want to mention before I leave you all with the pictures. I WANT TO MARRY AN ASIAN GIRL.... well, you might wonder; but WHY Simon? You foolish boy, what's this silliness? There is one simple reason; asian babies are the cutest (!CUTEST!) thing since this dirt ball called Earth came into existence. Oh you should see them! They are so cute no word can do them justice. It's glorious!

And that's all I have to say today.. enjoy the new and improved pictures:



Hemingway is making his comeback in style.
You might think taking pictures through a window without reflections should be do-able, well obviously I need to work on that.
Best view EVER, while taking a leak.
I dearly hope that is fog and not smog!
Couples hang locks here to make sure their love lasts forever.. I wonder how many of these are still together?
Liebe rostet nicht? hmmmm
hope you enjoyed this post. Next one will probably be from Sydney. Have an awesome Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. bout the toilet paper issue^^ i asked myself the same damn thing in cyprus. apperantly the risk on having the sewage system gettin stuck (due to the size of the pipes) you might wanna concider using those trash cans^^

    have a good trip to australia my man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn red wine, i seem to not get a simple sentence straight, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du weißt schon, dass man zum Baby-Kriegen net heiraten muss, ne? Immer diese konservativen Schweizer...tststs

    ReplyDelete