Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good to be back in Hongdae

Goodbye Japan, I can see you will miss me too. How nice of you to get a bunch of people to wave me goodbye...
.... how can you not like a country where the whole crew at the ferry terminal will wave your ship goodbye at departure? As if leaving the country wasn't hard enough, they had to come along and do this. Japan, I will be back!

I took the fast ferry this time which took only about 4h to cross to Korea (as opposed to around 12h the last time). I arrived in Busan, made my way straight to the Trainstation and hopped on the next KTX Bullet Train to Seoul.

I am staying at the same Hostel as the first time around, in the Heart of Hongdae. Honestly, if your ever in Seoul, this is the place to be. There is stuff happening every day. People on ropes dancing along walls (wanted to post a video but korean youtube won't let me), white dressed students with white make up making music while walking down the street, markets with art students selling their (spelling?) art etc. On Friday I will contribute to this and join a few other couchsurfers for a "Free Hugs" event :). Can't wait!

Also Nightlife here is just the best. I went out drinking with some people on Friday (and got pretty drunk it seems) and that was just a blast. But even better was clubbing on Saturday night. I didn't feel so well to begin with but I went anyhow and ended up dancing till 3:30. The place just played awesome music and the ladies wore cute little halloween costumes that made me drool.


I don't plan to do much sightseeing till I leave for Australia. My goal is to meet as many local people as possible. So far I am going strong and I hope it will stay that way. Isn't meeting new friends much more interesting than looking at some old stones? I think so!

Enjoy the pictures and keep in mind that the alcohol was flowing sans restrictions. ;)




Yes Hongdae, I love you too
Fiona, another canadian english teacher. There must be a huge communtiy of them here!
Agent Mouse! Don't stealz my crackerz!
WTF?
Art is NOT over and will never be.
Love the contrast.. and must admit.. not taken in Hongdae

No comments:

Post a Comment