Saturday, October 9, 2010

Seoul or how opinions can change in a day

G'day y'all

I know I shouldn't be posting on the weekend. Why? Because I get about half as many hits if I post on weekends. Shouldn't you all be working during the week? ;) Well nevermind, I have time so here is the newest:

Sadly it was time to leave Japan. I really enjoyed my stay there and I am sure that sometime in the future I will go back. I can only recommend it to everybody. If you want an experience unlike any you have ever had, visit Japan!

I landed in Seoul on thursday and at first I was not overly impressed. To be honest I was rather underwhelmed and didn't like it that much. This feeling didn't change much way into friday. At first I was rather confused why this was. I couldn't place my finger on the issue. Then on friday evening I finally found out what it was that bothered me.

After a stay in Japan where everybody is uber friendly and goes to extrems to make you comfortable and feel good, I have landed back in the real world. I had trouble adjusting to the fact that I now get pushed out of the way again and that there is a "normal" attitude here in Korea. I don't mean that Koreans are rude, not in any way, but after spending a month in Japan, you really have to re-adjust.

But as the titel of the post hints, that feeling soon changed. By now I love Seoul just as much as any place in Japan. I have see an awesome castle, skyscrapers and arty cool party districts. In fact I am staying in that cool district :)). Best of all yet? The party last night! The evening didn't start promising. I wanted to meet up with an old friend. Took me an hour to get there, just to find out that he for some reason was a no-show. Kinda annoyed I went back to the hostel to grab a shower and headed for the clubs (which are just around the corner). Oh boy, FUN FUN FUN. The music was great, the club cool and the girls beautiful. Long story short, I ended up at a afterhours club with 3 korean girls at around 6 am, had breakfast with them at around 07:30 and got to bed at around 8 am. That's what I call a fun night! And that was just friday... let's see what fun times saturday will have to offer!

and on a side note.. you don't have to speak the same language as somebody else to have fun partying ^^

but now it's time for the pics....


Lots n lots of street art in the area where I set up my base camp.
Traditional guards at the castle I visited
A little something in the middle of a large park inside the castle.
More of the castle's insides.
No idea what this was about but it made for a cool picture.
Skyscraper galore part 1
Skyscraper galore part 2
Some sausages i tasted in a busy downtown shopping district.
oh by the way.... WAY less tourists here, I like it that way!
I'm out.. stay happy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Da fählt no äs foti, wo sind dGirls? ;-) ha sersch mal din Blog gläse, wünsch dir witerhin vil Spass! Gruess Tobi

    ReplyDelete