Saturday, October 16, 2010

102 days and counting..

Cheerio

I have much to talk about today so hang in there!

First of all; I am now 102 days into my trip and, honestly, it feels like a week. I could do this forever! Sure I have few and far apart moments where I would rather be back home, but, they pass very fast. Also I know, as soon as I'd be home again, I would want to go again! I can't really imagine how it will feel like when I have to get back into a normal day-to-day routine. Work 5 days a week for 8+ hours everyday? Nooooooooo... ah well, I guess I will have to eventually.

What did I do the last few days? I spent two nights and one day in Chuncheon, where I went for no other reason than to just go there. There is nothing worthing seeing there really. Although that giant park for sports that was all but deserted does have a ghost town feel to it that is kinda cool. I met some really cool people though and as we all know; beeing around cool people makes even dull places a nice experience. This was also the place where I surfed for the first time (in Korea). As always, it was a very nice experience.

After Chuncheon I went to Seoraskan National Park. Now hold on this might be shocking news to you: I went hiking! True story!

Let me tell you a few important things about national parks in Korea. Only go there during weekdays! Now this is a very important advice! I was there Wendsday through Friday and there were soooooo many koreans there. I was expecting the "alone, back to nature" experience. Well you can forget about that here. Hiking is like the national past time. Everybody seems to have a super-duper fancy outfit for it and most people seem to be 40+. Now this is where something else comes in.

I found that sometimes koreans can be really really rude. Especially people plus 40 seem to have that tendency. They will cut in front of you in a line (like when waiting to get a bus ticket), they will push you out of the way on the subway instead of saying something and so on. I could go on complaining for quite a while but then I would let my swiss side get the better of me. I do have to say though that whenever I am an the brink of hitting somebody in the face with a rock because I am so enraged, some totally unexpected kindness and friendliness comes along. I get many friendly smiles and while hiking even got korean candy offered. I really don't know what to make of this place.. I guess I will have to develope a love-hate relationship with Korea.

Enough of the talk now.. enjoy the awesome pictures (my opinion) from the national park...

Going hiking in Korea? Your not the only one!
Awesome gigantic Buddha.
Anyone wanna hire me to take postcard fotos?
I sat and sat and stared and stared and never wanted to leave.... until I got thirsty.
Love Koreas nature!
See above caption
Nothing to add

Temples in Korea have more colours than in Japan..

bye bye for now, stay happy

No comments:

Post a Comment