Friday, July 30, 2010

Good morning Sweden (Stockholm)

Greetings from Örebro

So I arrived in Sweden at 7 am and had just about 1h sleep on that ferry from Turku. That lucky bastard Lassi just grunted, turned around and slept on.. oh the envy! So I got off, threw my things into a locker at the trainstation and went exploring Stockholm. Beeing as tired as I was and as early in the morning, it was a rather refreshing expierence. I had Gamla stan for myself.. which, i would find out later, was something very rare.

God this city is full of tourists! What else can be said about my Stockholm expierence? The Hostel was shitty and the city rather dull. I don't want to talk it bad but compared to my week in Turku it really was rather boring. This just shows me how much more fun my journey is with couchsurfing. Yeah it was beautiful there.. but thats about it :)). I come to realise more and more, it doesn't matter where in the world you are but who you meet. The who and not the where determines if it will be a lasting memory.

Oh and the multicoloured duck that is now my travelcompanion, is called Hemingway.

so enough with the words, lets get the pictures on...

1h of sleep is not a good look for me.


Hemingway is enyoing himself

Hemingway marvels at the royal palace.

Kinda looks like Niederdorf in Zürich.. just a wee bit bigger and nicer.




It's got the be VIP when there is a monkey with a hat.

pssstttt we can't talk here, the walls have ears!!

just a random cool pic
blog ya again soon...

1 comment:

  1. hey buddy...

    Looks like you're enjoying your trip. Really love to keep up with you through this blog...you're doing a great job. What about the girls in Stockholm, seen any blond beautys yet? Hahaha....I've just come home from Cali and am in a traveling mood too. I'd might join you once for a few days...keep me on track....

    Enjoy your fucking live brother... :)

    Love you and talk soon

    A.

    ReplyDelete