Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oulu - Vasaa

Hello World

I am just two weeks into my trip. So far I have only stayed at hostels in Vaasa and Tampere. All the other places I have been couchsurfing and it has always been a great expierence. I met so many new faces through couchsurfing and it has made my trip so much better. I think thanks are in order. So:

THANKS GUYS N GALS
I can't wait to see how many more great expierences I will got through CS on my trip.
Oulu was as far north as I got. It was a pretty little town and I really enjoyed the market square there. I think it's one of the nicest market squares in Finland. Well at least of the ones I have seen. If your into cycling everywhere, this is your place. The town/city has an excellent network of cycling lanes.
Vaasa itself was a bit boring but the CS community there has made my stay memorable. I met up with some of them, they cooked for me and I had a great time enjoying the beach and some beers with them!
After Vaasa my journey continued on to Turku where I am currently and from where I will take the ferry to Stockholm to leave the beautiful country of Finland. It's a bit earlier than anticipated but I think I have seen in Finland what I wanted to see and this way I can make an unplanned stop in Norway. Many people I have met here in Finland have told me I should go and see the Fjords in Norways and I will listen to them.
until soon my friends, the stories will continue.

View in Vaasa just around Midnight


I just can't get over the fact that there are slot machines in every bigger grocery store in Finland. How weird is that??

University of Vaasa

Old Ships serving as Restaurants are widely spread in Finland!

Finland's dramatic weather

Old buildings on one of the many islands around Oulu

Old warehouses turned into restaurants at the Oulu market square

Finish police officer

Market hall in Oulu

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics, bro! Envy you!
    I just did a 4-day trip in the mountains, was pretty nice too but not as exciting as your trip, enjoy man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. its a big pleasure reading your blog, appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete