Monday, May 30, 2011

Vancouver Island

I send you greetings from the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. I am at the moment in Whistler and the hostel is really nice... but enough of that, it's time to tell you all what has happened in the last few days and that doesn't include Whistler just yet. I wanted to post all this yesterday but the Internet at the hostel in Vancouver sucked major donkey ass.. yes that bad.. so with one day delay, here is the newest info on my travels.....

The last few days involved big trees, beautiful cost lines, an island, and lots n lots of rain.

My travels took me far a 3 night stay on Vancouver island. On the first day we (6 other travellers and me) drove to Ucluelet (B) where we stayed for two nights. Then we went on to Victoria (C) which is actually the capital of BC.. bet you didn't know that! After one night there we headed back to Vancouver (D).




How was Vancouver island? As mentioned above, really rainy but overall really beautiful. Some in the group went whale watching, some went to explore Tofino and some went canoeing. Me? I went for a little 3 hour hike on the wild pacific trail. I am so glad I made that decision. The Trail leads right along the coast and the views were just stunning (see below). I can't believe the Moose driver didn't mention the trail when he told us what there is to do around our accommodation.

Victoria was not that exciting.. sure it had a few nice houses but well.. meh! I Spent the day I had there with walking around and soaking up the sun. Oh yes, forgot to mention that the weather got better n better. The highlight was definitely eating dinner at ReBar. Probably the best vegetarian meal I ever had! And don't get me started on the strawberry rhubarb pie... yummy!

We then left the island again and I enjoyed Vancouver for a night before I started my journey to Whistler today. I have been travelling with Moose Travel for a few days now and I am not totally won over yet. I love the fact that the buses and groups are a lot smaller than when I travelled with Stray in NZ. But still, I am still a bit sceptic. I can't really say why exactly but it just doesn't feel right yet.. Maybe this is because I have been travelling in near total solitude in Alaska. I can probably tell you more in a few days :)

I guess that's all for now.. as always enjoy the pictures and thank you for coming back here every now to see what I have been up to! I appreciate to see that the blog is actually read.

stay happy!
Part of a Totem... or whatever you want it to be

wild pacific coast

more wild pacific coast

big trees...

A storm is coming

I just loved sitting here, watching the waves crashing against the rocks

a big hotel in Victoria

Parlament building or something ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment