Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kagoshima + Amami-Oshima

Hello fans

I send you all a hearty hello from Okinawa(Naha). I just arrived here last night. Sadly this means I have reached the southern most point of my trip around Japan and I will soon make my way up again to catch my flight to Seoul. I love this country and I wish I could stay much much longer. But hey, my guess, Korea is just as awesome, maybe even more so?

So let me tell you a few things about the last few days. I stayed a few days in Kagoshima, which, I am torn about. On the one hand it was kinda frustrating cause I spent alot of time searching for either my hostel or an ATM that would accept my Mastercard. Let me tell you. Searching 2h for an ATM sucks when you find out that the one you were looking for is about 100m from your hostel.
On the other hand I met some really cool people at the hostel, with which I had a great last evening there. See the pictures for more on that.

I then left Kagoshima for Amami-Oshima. Which is a really small Island about half way between mainland Japan and Okinawa. If your looking for a place with a lot going on, this is not for you! It was really nice though to get away from the hectic Japan for two nights. I was rather a celeb on the Island.. I don't know how many Gaijin's they get there, but the way people looked and smiled at me it can't be that many.

Nothing much to say about Naha yet.. will let you know in a few days how I like it here.

I'm out.. enjoy the pics.


Shimpei and Romain
Simon and Lior (please forgive me if I spelled your name wrong *runs and hides somewhere*)
A biiiiig volcano just across the bay from Kagoshima. This is an active fellow.. but sadly those clouds are just clouds.
This is not just any dirt .. this is actually volcanic ash in Kagoshima.. I got told, when it "rains" volcanic ash "again" they just open the umbrellas...
My first glimpse of Amami-Oshima
Looooooooove my japanese food.. yeah still.. yummy getting hungry.. will have to get something tasty after I finish the post.
I stayed in this little village on the Island. First bus 07:00 am, last bus 08:00 pm to the next "bigger" place.
This is what you sleep like if your on a ferry between the southern Islands of japan. Who needs privacy?
stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment