Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hakata, or how much fun japan can be

Hello beautiful people

I send you greetings from Kagoshima. I don't have so much to tell this time around but there are a few things I wanted to send out to you.

First of all, I will board the Ferry (15h!) to Amami-Oshima today (an Island between Kyushu and Okinawa), there I will stay for 2 nights before I will take the ferry to an even smaller Island (Yoron-to) before eventually getting to Okinawa. Why am I mentioning this? because I don't know if I will get internet on those Islands. It might well be that I might be cut of from the world for a few days. Worry not, nothing will happen to me and I will say hi again when I get to Okinawa. My Cell will be switched on, so if anybody from my family needs to reach me, send me a txt or call me.

Now let me tell you about Fukuoka. It's not the most beautiful city in Japan but boy was it fun. SO MUCH FUN. My CS host Joel was just the bestest. This time the pictures are not about beautiful sights in Japan but to show you just how much fun I had. If you ever go to Fukuoka contact Joel, he is the guy to tell you where to have great food, what to see, where to party and generally knows so much about this place.

First night I got there we went for dinner with some friends of his and went to drink at a bar later. SUCH.A.BLAST. Next day I explored the city by myself, which wasn't that exciting but the evening is whole other story. Joel took to a place where I had the best Ramen so far. Afterwards we went to FUBAR a club/bar. The music was ok but not really my thing. BUT I highly recommend the place ;) nuff said!

Let's get on with the pics!


Hemingway and Simon love a good night out. Can't you just tell from this pic what a good time I had?
Joel and his friends. Spot the japanese guy!
The girls serving at the bar were stunningly beautiful.. let me know if you want to know what it is called ;). Them all shouting "thank you" after an order is just the cutest thing ever.
This pic is for my finnish friends.. I had a laugh when I walked past this café!
Did I mention the beautiful girls in Fukuoka/Hakata?

Well that's all folks.. cu in a few days.

2 comments: