Friday, August 20, 2010

Karlskrona - Ystad - Malmö

Hey you all
It's been 10 days since my last post and already I have passed through another 3 cities. I have visited Karlskrona, Ystad and Malmö. Although Karlskrona and Ystad are not really cities but more towns. In Karlskrona and Ystad I stayed in Hostels and in Malmö I had the pleasure to couch surf again. I had to choose Hostels in Karlskrona and Ystad because I just didn't find a couch in time.
Karlskrona and Ystad were pretty boring. They are both on the coast and pretty nice but just too small to be of any interest. I had the luck in Karlskrona that on my last day there, a local festival, the "Sail Karlskrona" startet. But because it was the first day of the festival, not that much was going on. What surprised me though, was the fact, that they didn't sell any alcohol anywhere on the festival area. How big must a countries drinking problem be for such measures? :)
Ystad has a lovley little medival downtown area. Also the detectiv Wallander books are located in Ystad. I have never heard of those before I came to Ystad but you might have. Now I will have to read a few of those! The best thing in Ystad was definitly the location of my Hostel. Just a few steps away from the beach. 2km away from town it was a pain to get there with my luggage, especially because I somehow decided it would be ok to walk. Otherwise than that it must have have been one of the nicest hostels so far!
Malmö was just great. I had another awesome host! Well actually two and both were great :) I had planned to stay at Carolina's place for 3 nights, but because something personal on her side came up, that wasn't possible. So on the third night i stayed with Malik and had a great time there too. Also I met with a few other couchsurfers which happend to be in the city during my stay. Exploring the city with them was so good! One of them, the drop dead beautiful Bianca you will hear about in my next post.
Now I am in Helsinborg and will cross the sea to Denmark tomorrow. I promise that it won't be another 10 days until my next post :)
cheeeeeeeeeers

Playground for kids in Karlskrona. I would be so freaked out as a kid!
The festival Area of the Sail Karlskrona

My hostel in Ystad

The Beach just beside the hostel in Ystad

An example of the medival gamla stan in Ystad

Beer

left to right: Carolina (Sweden), Bianca (Germany), Andrew (New Zealand), Ale (Argentina) and my Hat

Turning torso (highest building in Sweden) and a crooked swiss.

Bianca, Ale and Simon exploring downtown Malmö

2 comments:

  1. heissi rutschi ;o)) und das föteli wond vor dem gschwungne wulchechratzer bisch, ganz heisses föti! witerhi vil spass. andy g

    ReplyDelete