Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Helsingborg - Helsingor

Hey there!

Got to tell you about this!
Last place I visited in Sweden was Helsingborg. This was great fun. I spent most of my time with a girl called Bianca. What a bundle of energy she is! I got to know her in Malmö and we already spent a rainy afternoon in a Café talking, talking and then guess what, more talking. As it turned out she was going to Helsingborg also. Gladly she convinced me to go on a hike with her and oh boy I am glad I went. It was a great day. My Feet didn't think so but my feet don't have anything to say anyhow. The scenery was great and the art installation we visited must have been the most interesting art I have ever seen.

Sadly we had to part cause she traveled on in Sweden and I left Sweden for Denmark. Thing is, I had not much time to feel sad. I met Tobias (my Host) in Helsingor and as it turned out he was a great guy too. I kinda get the feeling there is still some hope for humantiy. This just be the sheer amount of great people I met on my trip.

Tobias soon interduced me to his brother Silas and his friend Leo. We got wasted on Saturday night, saw a massive fight and even got some girls to sit and drink with us. (Hey Tobias how is it going with her? ;) ). All in all a great saturday evening. It didn't end there though. Sunday they took me sailing. My first sailing ever. It was such a great experience. That is until i felt awfully sea-sick. I still blame it on the sandwhich!

It is weird how I have been talking more german than english these past few days. So unusual that it's actually easier for me to talk in english.

To top a great few days off. I had the pleasure to meet another couchsurfer at Tobias place. He works with space stuff and is currently involved with a project on the ISS. I can tell you that was a very interesting discussion. There is a reason after all why there is a satelite on my arm. Last but not least he has been to Korea and was able to tell me a few things about that place.

Enough rambling.. here are the pictures.


A nature shot for a change..
Beautiful girl, beautiful scenery
Due to popular demand Hemingway is back.. I might have to set up a fan page for this little dude.
Nimis.. very very very impressiv. Built by Lars Vilks from wood he gathered at the beach. You can climb around in that thing. Just seeing that was worth the the day walking.
Last meal in Helsingborg. Burger in a 50's dinner.. that car remindes me of something.. I just can't quite place me finger on it ... hmmmm
Bianca my awesome travel companion. Don't be misleaded by the pic, she was very nice :)
spot the sailing beginner!
Leo, Silas and Tobias.. thanks guy's, it was way beyond cool.
Look mum! I am now a big sailor!!!!
Hamlet's castle.. for real!
Now Aarhus, Roskilde and Copenhagen.. after that, prepare for some Japan madness!
stay healthy

2 comments:

  1. ooohhhh boooy....I'm sooo jealous! Rock on Bro...love your blog!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bundle of energy saying HI! Danke für die lieben Worte! Would have loved to be on that sailing trip with you... Drück dich.

    ReplyDelete