Wednesday, May 7, 2014

323/365: Fireside Gathering @ Eevent Lan

I went to a LAN party.. it's been a long while since the last time.

A LAN party is something from my past. You get a bunch of people together. They all bring their computer and you waste the weekend away with binge gaming. Back when I went to a number of these events, another reason was to exchange movies and music (the internet was really slow back then) but I guess that is not a incentive anymore. 

It was cool to go but felt a bit weird. Maybe I just have to admit that I am too old. Then again, I have to admit that I wasn't there for the whole weekend. I only went for the Saturday and I only brought my Ipad. The LAN Party also featured a little Fireside Gathering and that was the reason I went. 

A Fireside Gathering is a little thing Blizzard invented for Hearthstone players. If you play a few games against players in the local sub-net, you get a special card back for your deck. Since I had just started playing Hearthstone a week prior to this event, it sound like a great idea to go. 

I was not wrong. It was great. There were around 12-14 people there that came just for the Fireside Gathering. It was cool to play against someone that was sitting at the same table.

They also organized a small tournament. I signed up of course, might as well if I am there anyway. I won one game of my first BO3 series aaaaand the tournament was over for me. Still, I felt good that I had actually managed to win a game. As I said, I had just started playing the game and had many things still learn, still have in fact. 

The whole thing was organized by Barcraft (look them up on Facebook) and I hope they will do something similar again sometime soon. I would really like to do it again. Maybe win more than one game.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment