Monday, April 11, 2011

Oahu, Hawaii

Aloha

I have left Fiji behind and safely arrived on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. To be precise, I am currently in Honolulu or to be even more precise, in Waikiki beach. Probably one of the most famous surfer spots in the world and no, I have not yet done any surfing.

I have big news considering my photography further down so bear with me, or if your not interested in what i have been up to, skip that part altogether.

My last few days in Fiji were dominated by a lot of rain so sadly no interesting stories or pictures from then. To be honest I stayed in the hostel most of the time and waited for my flight to Honolulu. To be fair, it wasn't just a little rain, it was a bloody monsoon.

All in all I really enjoyed my time in Fiji. Lazily lying in a Hammock and reading for two weeks, it was good! I couldn't have done it any longer though. It did start to get boring.

I have such a massive jet lag right now. It is so massive that I have lost all sense of time. I left Fiji at 9:45 am on the tenth of April and landed in Honolulu at 6:15 pm on the ninth of April. I am from the future dude's!

Although Hawaii is a south sea island, you can instantly feel that it belongs to the U.S. of A. Everything is bigger; the roads, the meals, the drinks and well sometimes the people as well (no offence meant). Reminds me of a insider joke i had with my family when I went to California in 1998. Do you guys remember?

Tomorrow I will head to Maui, which is a 30min flight from Oahu. Maui I will explore by myself before I fly back to Oahu to meet up with Francis. For you who don't know, Franics is a good friend from Switzerland who will travel around Hawaii with me for 2 weeks. I am really looking forward to see a face from home. First time since I have started my travels!


Now about that photography thing. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I have been getting into photography a lot as of late. So much actually that I would like to make it my new career. I am a realistic guy though and I know, doing so, will be very hard. The nice thing about photography is, that I can easily pursue this in my free time while working a different job. Maybe one day I will be able to go full time with photography.. wish me luck!

I have set up a website where I showcase and sell my photographs. You (or anyone interested) can buy prints on paper and canvas. The site would offer a lot more options but for now I will limit it to those. Note that the versions I have on my blog are inferior to the one's on my new site. Those photographs have superior post processing and resolutions.

if your interested please head on over to Simon on SmugMug.

thanks for reading..

For all my male readers ;)
no comment
As I mentioned, things are big here.
Surfing is one of them.
Hotels is another one.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Simon, since you bought your DSLR your picture got better all the time ! its great to follow your blog and next to the information have some reeeaaally nice pictures to check out.
    And the scenery on the pictures on your smugmug homepage is just mindblowing !
    oh and when your back in CH, I will show you some tricks to improve your HDR technique ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thomas

    since I think your photography work is outstanding, your positiv comment on my pics really means a lot to me :).
    I am still learning new stuff by the minute and I am really looking forward to get educated by you :)

    see you in 2 months

    ReplyDelete