Sunday, April 24, 2011

Exploring Oahu

Aloha

First of let me say two things; I am sorry for the delay of my post and sorry for the "not up to the standard" pictures. I have been on the road more or less all of the last 7 days. I had tons of fun and met many great people but sadly that made me loose focus on my photography.

There are many problems in the pictures I am posting this week. Some are generated during my post processing and I am just too lazy right now to remove those, others are just plain beginner's mistakes. I didn't focus on composition and made silly focus and exposure mistakes. Alsoooo I guess sometimes you just have the magic and sometimes you don't. I will just keep working on my photography and I am sure I will make further progress ( I hope).
Don't judge me for my laziness. After all this blog post took me well over 75min.

What have I been up to that distracted me from blogging and photography? Simple question, simple answer. I have been road trippin all over Oahu and met up with my buddy Francis. I can't tell you how awesome it was to see a face from back home. Let's just say somebody was very confused when he got to the hostel and got hugged out of nowhere by a strange tattooed guy. It's so great to catch up with him and exchange stories from the last few months.

On the downside.. and yes (sorry francis) there is a down side. I can't do what I want anymore. I can't be as spontaneous anymore, as I used to be during the last few months. But hey, I can do just that, in just over a week. For now, travelling with Franics is the best.

What were we up to? We signed up for a few tours organized by the hostel. These were very cool. They took us all over the island with a merry band of people. We had so much fun ( I am just going to speak for us both here). Essentially we were driven from beach to beach, which, was awesome. BUT I would have liked to see something more than just beaches.

Yesterday was definitely one of the highlights of this week. We rented a car with some other people and drove around the island by ourselves. We were lucky enough to have somebody with us that has been living here for a while. He showed us the little, hidden and unknown spots of Oahu. If you hike to a waterfall and the way has at least 15 "Area closed" signs, you know your onto something good. Silly me has all the shots of this great place out of focus though. You may kick me.

On a side note I feel like I am getting fatter by the minute. It's incredible how much unhealthy food I eat here. On top of that, the servings are really big and tempt you to eat more than you would usually. I am really starting to get sick of burgers. Just give me a salad or some steamed veggies. Please!

And as a last little tidbit.. I have booked my flight to Anchorage (Alaska)... despite an outrageous price. I can't wait to get there!

a typical view on one of the many beaches on Oahu
Turtle's at turtle beach.
An old ww2 bunker on top of a small hill.
The view inland from the bunker.
Simon posing and enjoying the sight from the bunker location.
The merry band of traveller's on the tour.
Last thing I thought I would visit in Hawaii was a japanese temple.. but then, when I was in Japan my photography interest was rather lacking and I looked forward to test my new technics on a temple.
sunset i guess.
oh hey there francis, having a good time?

No comments:

Post a Comment