Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hervey Bay - Fraser Island - Brisbane

Hello there

Nice you made it over to my blog. This time around I will tell a little bit about Hervey Bay and Brisbane but before we go there, I want to share something else.

If your not here for the first time you will know that on my last post a few days back I bitched about some stuff I encountered since I started traveling Australia's east coast. I do want to say that I was very tired that day. And might have went over the top a tiny bit ;). I am sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes! That being said, I have NEVER had so many hits on my blog as that day. I think I should do this more often ;).

So what's new? Well I spent two days in Hervey Bay. No that's not really true. I spent one day in Hervey Bay and one, on or around Fraser Island. Right of the bat I can tell you this; Hervey Bay is a boring little place with not much to do. BUT from here you can hop over to Fraser Island which really IS worth a visit. I only did a day trip because I already had my Bus booked to get down to Brisbane, but I advise you take the time and visit it for two days. It's a beautiful place!

On to Brisbane. Here I met up with Bianca who I met on my first day in Cairns. She was so kind to take a few days off work to show me around and take me out with her friends. I am really having a blast hanging out with them. Meeting fellow travelers is good, but I still think that nothing beats meeting locals and getting to hang out with them. I really like the city too. It's not too big and not too small... although I have to admit I do hang around the same area a lot.

I bought a ticket to a Music festival here in Brisbane. It's called Stereosonic (Google is your friend!) and features a few of my favorite artists. I am really really excited about this. Going to a Music festival was one of the things I really wanted to do in Australia, but because I never plan too much ahead I wasn't sure if it was going to work out.

Before I get on with the pictures, let me say something about them. I know there has been a shift in what kind of pictures I post. Some are still your usual tourist pictures, but I do enjoy more and more, showing some that don't really show that much about where I am but just look good (at least in my opinion). I hope you forgive me for this! I promise that I will not forget to post pics about the places I visit and one of myself every now and then.

Alright I think that's everything I had to say this time.. enjoy the pics.

Meet the tourist with his new fancy cam.
Just love the look of this pic... beach in Hervey Bay
A bug I encountered on Fraser Island.
The famous coloured sands of Fraser Island. Fun fact: Fraser Island is the biggest sand island in the world and is made up of many different sands. In this picture you can see 3 of them.
The lagoon we spent some time at while being on Fraser.
Brisbane by day....
.... and night.
This is Bianca, she blew my duck.
Hey fellow swiss, does this building remind you of anything? I'll give you a hint: Luzern. Scandalous right?
MJ crossing! Or at least that's always my first thought when I see one of these signs

And this pic is just to confirm your suspicion.. yes you did see me sporting facial hair in that first pic.

2 comments:

  1. Yo cuzzzzinnnn!
    Damn man, shit's like self torture readin your blog, while snow keeps risin over here. But great to see that you're doin good, that's fo sure. Funny to see that your english has improved since you're in Australia^^
    Can't believe you make pretty girls wearin yo' sweaty ass hat!!! that shit must stink!!!hahahaha

    Keep enjoin' your trip man, and stay the way you are!

    Peace
    D

    PS: Get rid of that skunk in your face, it looks aweful!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. geile bilder. du wirst immer besser beim fötelen ;o)

    ReplyDelete