Thursday, June 5, 2014

337-365/365: I am done

So yes.. I just looked at my last post where I said twenty days to go and counted the new things I have done since. I came to a grand total that was over twenty. So I think it safe to say that I managed to do the 365 days.

You won't believe how much I look forward to tonight and not to have to think about that I still manage to fit something new in. Yes at times it really felt more like a chore. But if you would ask me if I would do it again, I would say yes.

In general I did a lot more food/drink tasting than I had planned or actually wanted to do. I always tried to fit something exciting in, but some days I couldn't because I was sick, sometimes I couldn't because I was too busy with life and sometimes I just couldn't be arsed. Could I have done more exciting things? Yes, but I am happy with how the year turned out.

I tried many many new things and I think it has changed how I live my day to day life. I especially notice it when I go to the supermarket. Before the project I had a routine where I would pick from a pool of about 30-40 products. Now I often go for something I have never had, even if I already had something new for that day. I really got into trying new things. Sometimes they are not as good as I hoped but sometimes I discover a gem and I go back and get some more.

I also like to think that I had experiences that I wouldn't have had without this project. For instance I am not sure if I would have ever went to a F1 race if the project hadn't motivated me. But most of all, I am happy because I met so many nice people over the last year. Especially with all the Couchsurfing events I organized, I got to know so many new friends that I wouldn't want to miss.

As already written for past milestonest, I think I have gotten a lot more spontaneous. In the past, if offered something unknown I would hesitate, and if that happened, more often than not I wouldn't do / try it. Now I say "yes" a lot more. I think it makes my life richer. I still have couch potato tendency but a lot less so than before. Getting out of one's comfort zone every now and then is great but it is called the comfort zone for a reason. It's comfortable there.. sometimes you just want to be comfy.

Even if this adventure is over, I still have other projects to finish. Still a year to go for my masters and I am still hiking across Switzerland.. got a few miles to go there. I don't think I will get bored anytime soon. If that happens. I will start looking for a new project.. so maybe the blog is back on soon.. for now, I will let it rest...

Thank you all for taking the time to come here and share the experiences with me.

Signing out.
Simon


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I clicked through from Lifehacker. Well done on doing this and sticking with it! I can imagine it was tough at times to keep going. Would have definitely checked out your posts earlier if I'd known about it. All too easy to get complacent about life as we get older. Well done on challenging yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your visit. It was quite a journey and I am glad that I did it. I am also glad that I can kick back for a while. Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete